The Director of Information Technology will provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for Rhode Island Medical Imaging (RIMI). This position is designed to ensure the continuous delivery and operation of integrated clinical and administrative information systems. The Director of IT is responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging and office automation. The Director of IT is expected to model and cultivate the cultural values and behaviors of RIMI within the areas of direct responsibility and through the interactions with stakeholders including business customers, service providers, and vendors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serves and participates proactively with other members of RIMI’s leadership team in developing and executing strategic plans to optimize the use of information technology in support of health care and business objectives. The Director of IT leads the policy and decision making regarding the future direction and control of proposed information systems.
· Develops, coordinates, guides and maintains IT systems strategic and operational plans in support of the overall clinical/patient-focused mission and business strategy. These plans define a vision for meeting current and future information and technology needs for RIMI while ensuring alignment and integration of IT with the overall vision, mission and values of RIMI.
· Provides advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Negotiates all IT acquisition contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
· Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service to the RIMI Board of Directors concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
· Develops and maintains an appropriate organizational structure capable of supporting the information needs of operating entities through appropriate and cost-effective information technology.
· Determines pertinent information required by management in making effective decisions. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner through on-going review and education programs at executive, management and end-user levels.
· Ensures that information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirements.
· Responsible for management of IT staff, both directly and indirectly, ensuring high levels of performance are achieved to meet the information needs of RIMI.
· Communicates IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization.
· Develops and maintains corporate IT policies and standards relating to acquisition, implementation, and operation of information technology and communication systems.
· Negotiates IT service level agreements with user organizations and monitors IT systems performance to assure service levels are being met.
· Develops and enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the enterprise.
· Develops and maintains an enterprise-wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
· Develops specific metrics to measure IT performance and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement. Benchmarks, analyzes, reports, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of technology operations, services, and business systems.
· Continuously evaluates emerging technology, seizes opportunities for digital transformation, and seeks technical innovation to create differentiation of service markets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Proven knowledge of Information and Technology common practices, security, networks and systems.
· On-going knowledge of state and federal Information and Technology related regulations and compliance.
· Demonstrated track record of introducing new programs, managing change, delivering on commitments, and delivering results and actionable data.
· Proven experience managing a technology platform that allows for seamless work between onsite and remote locations.
· Superb interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to take complex information and communicate it effectively to non-technical audiences.
· Proven ability to influence others as it relates to new initiatives, tools and other IT related needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s Degree (MBA) or equivalent; 10+ years of Healthcare IT (HIT) or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5+ years of experience in a senior-level, strategic position with business and IT leadership experience.
About Rhode Island Medical Imaging:
Rhode Island Medical Imaging (RIMI) has a network of 12 private state-of-the-art medical diagnostic imaging facilities that are staffed by over 70 board certified radiologists with broad-based experience and subspecialty training in Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) including the most extensive 3T MRI imaging network in Rhode Island, Mammography, Ultrasound, and X-ray.
RIMI radiologists perform and interpret imaging in Rhode Island at Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Miriam Hospital, Our Lady of Fatima Hospital, Rhode Island Hospital, Roger Williams Medical Center, and Women & Infants Hospital, and most recently at Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro, MA. Most of RIMI’s radiologists are also faculty members at the Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University.
For over 75 years RIMI has provided Rhode Island with imaging excellence (since 1943).
Please submit resumes to Jennifer Voyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.